Friday, April 27, 2012

Cutest thing ever

Have I mentioned that my mom is adorable? How did I miss this growing up? Part of it is the fact that she's under 5' tall and about 110 pounds. Pretty sure I could hoist her over my shoulder.

Last night hubby was setting up a new TV, which my Dad will dedicate, no doubt, to NCIS. (Hey! I'm naming the new TV Gibbs! Oh, crap. I actually made an NCIS joke. I'm pathetic.)

Anyway, Dad went to bed and hubby turned the NFL Draft on. I kinda like the draft because I'm a Packers' fanatic, but compared to NCIS, it suddenly seemed riveting...at least to me.

Apparently, Mom enjoyed it too. If you ever needed a TV buddy, Mom's your girl. She will literally watch anything as long as she can sit with you and sometimes interject random questions. It's the cutest thing ever.

(Oh and I forgot to mention that she's nearly blind. Watching TV for her should be maddening. It's all a blur, and yet she enjoys it! An angel, I tell you. An angel.) 

Anyway, as we watched last night and tried to explain how the draft works, she suddenly said: "I'm the worst sports person."

"Why's that?," I asked her.

"Because I just root for the team that I want to win," she explained.

Cute as a button.

No comments:

Post a Comment