Tuesday, April 24, 2012

If I didn't laugh, I'd cry.

The TV has, once again, become a babysitter in our house. Yes, I admit to doing that a bit when my kids were young. This is why I know every line and every song from the Lion King which was played on a continuous loop in our house.

Dad adores TV in a passive kind of way. He sits and stares at it. For him, it seems to be a bit of home in this new place. I allow it.

Yesterday, I was able to leave the house and play tennis - my hobby and now my salvation. I came home and asked if everyone was alive and/or well and were there any issues.

Mom: Well, we had trouble with the remote.

Cut to me glancing at my Dad who is now watching the cable preview channel.

Mom: We couldn't find the mute button.

Cut to me glancing at the coffee table where Kleenex is shredded.

Me: What's up with the Kleenex?

Mom: Dad was stuffing it in his ears so he didn't have to hear the TV.

Cut to me with my face buried in my hands. 

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment